About Northgate Foundation
What is the Northgate Foundation?
Northgate Foundation is an Educational Charitable Trust based in Ipswich which provides small financial awards to young people under the age of 25.
Awards have recently been provided in support of:
- Extra-curricular educational visits in the UK and abroad;
- Purchase of books and equipment for College or University;
- Support for activities outside school (for example Scouts and Guides)
- Purchase of musical instruments and related expenses;
- Sporting activities and equipment;
The Foundation cannot provide grants for any purpose for which provision should be made from public funds.
To qualify for an award, the young person must be eligible for, or in receipt of, free school meals, or have a demonstrable family income below £23,000. They must also satisfy one of the following criteria:
- live in Ipswich or the parish of Westerfield, or
- attend school in Ipswich, or
- have attended school in Ipswich.
To apply for an award, the young person or their parent/guardian must complete an application form, a copy of which is attached to this email.
The application form is in three parts:
- Parts A and C to be completed by the applicant or their parent/guardian;
- Part B to be completed by the school.
The application must be supported by one of the following:
- confirmation of Income Support, Employment Support Allowance (Income related), Income Based Job Seekers Allowance, the Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit, or support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999; or
- a copy of the tax credit award summary (TC602) showing family income less than £23,000.
- a copy of universal credit statement
- Completed application forms should be submitted the Friday before half term, as in the half term the Foundation’s Board of Trustees holds a meeting to consider applications. In exceptional circumstances the Trustees may consider emergency applications.
Completed application forms should be submitted before half term, as in the middle of each term, the Foundation’s Board of Trustees holds a meeting to consider applications. In exceptional circumstances the Trustees may consider emergency applications.